CSA Recipe Sharing

A place for us to all share recipes as we learn to eat from our weekly CSA share

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Simple Turnips

I have never been a fan of turnips, so finding ways to use them has been a challenge. I found this simple way of preparing them quite tasty. It might make a turnip fan of me yet.

Peel, then grate turnip (or julienne). Lightly salt and let sit for 15-20 minutes (this removes water from the turnip). Rinse in cold water to remove salt, then squeeze out extra water in batches - you want it pretty dry. Saute in butter (I used two tablespoons butter for about 4 cups of grated turnip). Serve with chopped toasted almonds and a bit of salt and pepper. We used tamari roasted almonds from Bulk Barn. Some of my family chose to add some grated parmesan cheese, too, but I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your recipes