CSA Recipe Sharing

A place for us to all share recipes as we learn to eat from our weekly CSA share

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Enormous Turnip

Sunday was one of those busy weekend days with the kiddies. When supper hour rolled around, I had nothing planned and was in desperate need of inspiration. I didn't have to look very far. I opened my fridge and an enormous turnip fell out, almost hitting me in the head. A quick search on the internet and I came up with a super easy and fast recipe to whip together in no time. I tinkered a bit with it, so here is the final result. Hubby was impressed and said it tasted like "restaurant quality". Is that a compliment?

1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp butter
3 cups potatoes - cubed
3 cups turnip - cubed
1 Tbsp flour
4 cups veggie stock
sprig of rosemary
salt and pepper
2 splashes of cream


Saute onions, potatoes and turnip in the butter until onions are soft. Stir in the the flour to coat all the veggies. Add the stock along with a sprig of rosemary and simmer until veggies are tender. Just before serving, add salt and pepper to taste along with a couple of splashes of cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your recipes