CSA Recipe Sharing

A place for us to all share recipes as we learn to eat from our weekly CSA share

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Use-up zucchini bread

I can't remember if I posted this recipe last summer or not, but given the frozen zucchini coming in the box this week, I thought I'd re-post.

Most zucchini bread recipes call for far more sugar and oil than is healthy, and only a cup or so of grated zucchini – which is about half a large zucchini, if that. So I’ve adapted this from my favourite banana bread recipe. Look mom, no fat!

2 cups grated zucchini

¾ cups white sugar

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

¼ tsp salt

½ tsp cinnamon

1/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in sugar. Add zucchini and milk. Mix thoroughly. Grease or spray a loaf pan; cook for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part comes out dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your recipes