Recipe by the insanely inspiring Keith Floyd (RIP)
This is in the French Provencal recipes on his site, sorry, he never gives quantities, we just experiment until it feels right and we did it in a 9 x 9 pan and bake at 325 F.
Emily LOVES it.
(Sliced potatoes baked with cream and garlic) Do not try this recipe if you are already having a hard time fitting into your pants.
Slightly waxy potatoes
Crushed garlic (we put 7 or 8 large cloves!!!)
Double cream (this would be whipping cream)
* Finely slice the potatoes on a mandolin or food processor
* Rinse well about 3 times to remove much of the starch
* Pat dry thoroughly and place a layer in a shallow, well buttered dish
* On top of that layer, sprinkle finely chopped garlic and dot with butter
* Season with salt and pepper
* Add another layer of potato, garlic, salt and pepper and dot with butter
* Repeat the process until the dish is full; the final layer is just potato
* Pour over some double cream – be generous
* Leave to stand for about 15 minutes
* Cover with tin foil, place in the oven at about 160 Celsius/325 Fahrenheit for about an hour
* Remove the foil from the dish and allow to brown