CSA Recipe Sharing

A place for us to all share recipes as we learn to eat from our weekly CSA share

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Delish Fish Dish


I do not like cooking fish because it stinks my house up. Besides that, I'm not very good at it. But TA DA! I have found a way to cook haddock that is non-smelly AND easy as pie!

Because I had a bunch of dill in my bounty basket last week, I decided to take the plunge. I went out to Vicki's fish market in Coldbrook and found some nice looking haddock fillets that had just been caught that morning at a reasonable price.

So here is what I did after reading a few on-line recipes to get ideas: greased a baking dish that had a lid with a little olive oil. Slapped in the fish. Seasoned it with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, some of the green onions that were in the basket and a wack of the dill. Flipped it over and did the same thing to the other side. Baked it at 350 with the cover on for 15 minutes. Then removed the cover and topped it with a little grated cheese. Popped it back in the oven for another 15 minutes (perfect, because I had prepared the asparagus that was also in the basket for baking: sprinkled with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. This was the first time I had roasted it and it was AMAZING).

And miraculously, the fish dish was delish! Thanks for the adventure, Taproot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your recipes