CSA Recipe Sharing

A place for us to all share recipes as we learn to eat from our weekly CSA share

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cabbage experiment #1

I guess gratin is the foodie word for scallop (thanks Lorrie :)) I am green in the food world really. I try and get by as a foodie without the proper qualifications. I don't know much about cooking. I love doing it and I sometimes make good things but I don't have the study of it under my belt in terms of terminology and science. I would very much like to attend for a weekend or two, Julia Child's school of cooking. Did any of you see the movie?

Anyway - tonight I started the cabbage adventure.

1/2 cup of chopped onions
1 cup cabbage cut into strips
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cubed butternut squash
dash of pepper and salt if you like
Saute in a fry pan, cover and stir occasionally for 10 minutes
Add
1 cup cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
Stir together
Bake for 15 minutes at 375F

We ate this with a side of boiled beet and carrots. Sounds boring but it is easy and yummy.

Izaak liked it 10/10, Lily doesn't like it, Frank ate it but didn't comment, Josh gave it a 8/10.
Josh commented that one can't really go wrong with cheese. I agree. Anyway we ate it all up and it was good. Tomorrow I will experiment without the security of cheese in my back pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your recipes