CSA Recipe Sharing

A place for us to all share recipes as we learn to eat from our weekly CSA share

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fit for a Super Hero

I have a confession to make. I don't "love" kale. Truth be told, I probably haven't given it a fair chance. Perhaps if I spent more time tinkering in the kitchen I would change my mind. Because it's just so healthy, I force myself to eat it. I recently remembered one of the old newsletters which included a recipe for a kale smoothie. When I was whirring up our family's smoothies this morning I decided to toss in some kale for fun. Great success! I loved it and so did both my wee ones. In fact, Spider Man asked for seconds in order to recharge his super powers! I think the fruit likely offset the green taste of the kale, but I suppose that is fine. Our bodies still got the benefits of this super leafy green vegetable.

Here's my quick morning recipe

1 cup soy milk or milk
spoonful of vanilla yogurt
handful of frozen strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
2 leaves of chopped kale

Whir up in the blender and enjoy.

Now I'm going to try out that kale and potato soup in the previous post as it looks fantastic! Maybe I will learn to love kale (:

2 comments:

  1. Since I've pureeing everything for baby these days - I purreed the Kale and throw into Smoothies (never know it is there!)

    Tammy Swim-Langille

    ReplyDelete

Share your recipes